Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Cleanse Exercises...Explained (Step Two)

There is a lot to be discovered about yourself by how you view and value Money. 


Money Exercise
Supplies: Journal, Blank Check, Timer & Pen


Step One
Take a blank check, a piece of paper or one of your checks.  You can write the check to the amount you desire to be successful in life.  Now its up to you if its for one year, five years or even ten years.  Everything is up to you.   There are no wrong, too high or too low answers.  Remember this is to help you learn more about yourself.  Pay close attention to your inner dialogue, this is were your inner truth lies.  What amount do you want?  How much do you really need?  How much is too much? 


Step Two
In your mind imagine what you are going to do with the money.  Now set your timer to 10 minutes, and write out a budget that spends the total amount.  Be honest and only give yourself 10 minutes.  Even if you listed $40,000,000, SPEND IT ALL. 


Step Three
When you are done, look at the list.  Read it out loud.  What did you list first?  What were your priorities or desires? Remember: Do not judge yourself.  What did you learn about yourself?


I'll share with you what I learned:
My check was for $2,750.029.  Don't ask me why I picked that amount, I just did.  I spent most of the check on getting out of Debt, starting a company, starting a College Fund for my nephew, giving some money to my Moma, some travel, a 2nd house, and Charity.  I had to ask myself, why did I need all that money to do any of these things.  I may not be able to do all of it right away, but all these are things I can work on right now, just in smaller levels.  The Truth is...I have everything I need already.  My resources aren't money, they are the blessings that come from the Source (GOD).  So if I have everything I need right now, what is there to be afraid of. 


Happy Journey...Keep the Vision Going.




Note: Keeping a Journal as a part of your cleanse and Yearly progress is highly recommended.  You can refer to your thoughts later and learn as you continue to grow on your Journey.

1 comment: